A simple and a perfectly cooked pink and juicy sirloin steak or Rib Eye Steak is a best option in most cases. Steak is an expensive choice both in a restaurant and when cooked at home, and lacking the know-how of the trained chef to decide when it is done can make the whole process quite daunting. It's important to find a good sirloin steak recipe first and foremost but there's a wealth of handy hints and tips out there that will help you nail that perfect steak
1. Striploin steak
2. Vegetable oil
3. Sea salt or Kosher salt
4. Black Pepper
1. Before you begin, remove the steaks from the fridge and allow to come to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
2. Heat a cast iron skillet (or heaviest pan you have) over very high heat.
3. Add a good dash of oil. Season the steaks liberally with flaky sea salt.
4. When the oil is hot, add the steaks carefully to the pan and cook for 1and an half minutes each side, or until beautifully golden on the undersides.The length of time you cook your steak completely depends on personal preference. The most important thing is to get a good sear on the exterior without overcooking the inside.
5. Remove to individual plates, rest 5 minutes.
6. The final thing to remember when cooking sirloin steak is the importance of resting time. When the steak is cooked it needs time for the muscle fibers to relax – cutting into it straight away will result in those delicious meat juices bleeding onto the plate. Rest the steak for about five minutes and the meat will relax and reabsorb all those juices, giving you a tender, juicy steak.